Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW (11/18/02)
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:59:00 -0500

Jay Burleson wrote:

"The tin barn shot is a very nice example of how to break the rules. There
the barn sits, square in the middle of the frame, but to me, it works."

Thank you, Jay. I thought that was the weakest of the four for composition
and subject but the way the light hits it and the land lays is cool. It
doesn't come across as vividly on the screen as on paper, where everything
is crisp. Should be dark but not too dark and retain some glow. Did crop
the left a tiny bit to get the red off center so it wouldn't seem so
dominant. But, I wanted to keep the feeling of the structure isolated in
the landscape, so avoided any more cropping. Shot with a 35mm. If I was
better with Photoshop, I could loose that tree. But that'd be cheating!

I'll set aside some time tomorrow to go through your web site.

Best wishes,

Carl