Subject: [Leica] Message from Mike Johnston
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:06:50 -0600

Greetings Luggers--

I don't know why, but I got a sudden flurry of new subscriptions to my
newsletter _The 37th Frame_ a few days ago, coming from the LUG. Were you
all discussing it?

Since it's Friday, I thought I'd jump on for a moment and update my
subscribers on the LUG as to what's happening with the newsletter.

First of all, you've no doubt noticed that it's been an age between issues.
I've been writing an internet column, and I've just started writing a
regular monthly column for the English _Black & White Photography_ magazine.
These and other tasks have kept me distracted,

The plan is to "rationalize" the newsletter and go on a strict production
schedule. Issues #4 and #5 will be published between now and February, and
then, starting with Issue #6 on Feb. 1, issues will appear quarterly on Feb.
1, May 1, Aug. 1, and Nov. 1. I apologize for the delay in getting Issue #4
out!

There is a new e-mail address for circulation concerns:
37thframe@ameritech.net. Ameritech.net is now administrated by Yahoo!, so if
anyone has experienced problems with my old Ameritech.net address, those
have been resolved. (Or should have been.)

Finally, I'm pleased to announce that I'm now able to take direct online
subscriptions by VISA, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express, in U.S.
dollars, Canadian dollars, Euros, British pounds, and Japanese yen. This is
now very easy to do from anywhere on the newsletter website at:

http://www.37thframe.com

So as to keep this note on topic, there is a review of a Leica M lens in
Issue #3, and there will be articles on two more M lenses in Issue #6.
Unfortunately, I keep underestimating demand for the newsletter, and I'm
almost out of #3. But I'll make sure there's a plentiful supply of #6.

Hope everyone is well and keeping busy. I certainly am! And, to whoever was
talking about the newsletter the other day (if that is in fact what was
happening), thanks!

Best regards,

Mike Johnston

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> ([Leica] lens vents? ;-))