Subject: Re: [Leica] Electronic vs. Mechanical
From: "Dizel" <webmaster@fucha.pl>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:42:40 +0100

> Does anyone have any other thoughts or arguments pro or con *not*

For example look at this:

"The crucial similarity is that copper (a constituent of brass) and steel
both rust within a week after being exposed to water"
is baloney, as brass behaves different from copper and steel..
As for mechanical shutter accuracy - you all know best how good mechanical
shutter is.

"Second, electronic cameras are more reliable over time with less maintenance."
Oh, yeah.. What happened then to all those Pentaxes ME Super, Minoltas 505
and others when Leicas/Zorkis/Kievs from 50's and before  are still clicking
happily? What about electronic component/ display degradation? :
http://people.smu.edu/rmonagha/mf/lcdlife.html

"The typical 13-week turnaround time on a good Leica CLA"
Really? Then mechanics there are veeery slow.....

" The simplest proof of reliability is Darwinian selection. Many photojournalists
moved to electronic shutters with the Nikon F3 in 1983 and have never looked back. "

substitute 'electronic shutters' with 'digital cameras'..

PS
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary and you are welcome to bash me
as I won't read email till Tuesday.. :)))
- --
                                St.
               (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, ¬liMC)
                   http://www.familyofman2.com