Subject: Re: [Leica] Is my SF-20 dead?
From: drb@MIT.EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:16:14 -0500

Hey-

I agree with Oliver - sounds like either a short or an open circuit.  I
would not, however open the flash and take a look.  Flashes have gigantic
capacitors that can hold an electric charge weeks after the batteries have
been removed.  Dumping all of that current through an appendage hurts like
hell.  Don't ask how I know...

- --Dan

PS- On the bright side, my flash has worked ever since.