Subject: Re: [Leica] digital results now ramblings on vaporware
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:57:49 -0500

Don - I've used the D100 with this lens and coming from the M world it is a
larger outfit - imagine someone from LTM world where everything fits into
the palm going with the Digital outfit :)  I have a rich friend who like
all of us needs the latest and greatest so he's going to get the new Kodak
14 megpixel camera and was serious when he asked me what I thought of the
50 to 400 zoom f/5.6 ( these aren't exact numbers )  I had to keep from
telling him what I really thought.  That for the things that he and I do (
both amateurs) he doesn't need 14 meg pixels and that his vunder lens would
guarantee that he had all possible focal lengths in a subpar lens.  I tried
telling him the old saw that most people shooting 28-70 zoom have the zoom
at 50 most of the time.

Anyway to stay on topic I scanned in some family snaps taken with M7 and
21/2.8 - what a stellar lens - no flaring and just wonderful sharpness wide
open.

ernie