Subject: Re: [Leica] digital results now ramblings on vaporware
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 07:48:35 -0500

Don - there are so many variables - what lens were your using, what are you
comparing to - is it other digital cameras or to scanned negs?  I just got
the D100 and couldn't be happier with it.  I like the SLR analogy and the
fact that some of my lenses from before can be used now.  When shot in NEF
( Nikon's RAW format) you really have lots of options after the shot is
made.  There are concessions like being careful not to turn the camera off
while it's still writing to the card, the fact that you have to watch your
buffer to make sure you don't outrun it with rapid fire shooting.

To stay OT I found that once I had the D100 and I started to shoot more
traditional as well.  I also find that different outings suggest different
modes.  My kids school affair cried out for the D100 because I wanted to
put the images immediately out on the web so it made sense to have the
immediacy of the D100.  I just recently got the M7 .58 and find this an
absolute joy to use, quieter and so my weekend indoor photo shoot of my
families activities was best done with it.

ernie