Subject: [Leica] If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very interested. I know people do use this scanner in OS-X, so it can be done. I'm wondering if I need to install VueScan.
From: Keith Johnson <kvj@gammanine.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:28:39 -0500

    If you would like to operate your scanner without any issues, first
uninstall all the software for the scanner in OSX. Then Boot into 9.2, do
not try to run in classic. Install the programs you need to run in 9.2, and
do your imaging work there. Do your self a favor and get a copy of pshop 6
or 7  instead of elements. Vuescan is ok, but slow,  and not needed. Even in
Jaguar, scanners are having big issues, and imho the best path is the one of
least resistance. I have done  a fair amount of work in both OS's using many
different scanners and printers. Until OSX gets some more support from the
mfg's of periferals, I find 9.2 best for imaging. Of course someone will
answer to this and report that they have no problems at all and that I am
not using the machine to its greatest potential, but the fact is that 90
percent of the people on the planet blessed with new Mac's have problems
with OSX.

Replies: Reply from Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very interested.)
Reply from "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@usjet.net> (Re: [Leica] If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very interested. Iknow people do use this scanner in OS-X, so i)
Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very interested. I know people do use this scanner in OS-X, so it can be done. I'm wondering if I need to install VueScan.)