Subject: Re: [Leica] If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very interested.
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:03:33 -0500

Rolfe - just a side note - I too love my OS X but include a link indicating
a problem with scanning negatives ( not positives) with Nikon Coolscan 4000
and 8000.  This is true when I've used Nikon Scan and is why I have gone to
using Vuescan for the most part.  I have only seen this one link or
reference to this problem and am a bit suprised that there hasn't been more
of a cry of foul to Nikon about this.  Do you  have any knowledge about
this or have you heard this before?

Ernie
http://www.marginalsoftware.com/LS8000Notes/autoexposure_not_working.htm