Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Longevity
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:11:03 -0500

Yes this replicates my experience.  I have now been forced to "see"
what a negative will produce even before it's printed or scanned - i
forced myself to do this precisely because I was tired of the horrible
one hour mini-lab 4 x5 prints i was getting back.  So a year ago i
stopped getting batch prints but take my C41 to a "pro-lab" for
negative only for $3 processing and then on the light table select
those which are worthy of scanning.  That which I save i put towards
ink and paper and more film.  Again it's weird but my doing more
digital has actually spurred me onto doing more traditional as well.

ernie