Subject: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 for B/W. What's the verdict?
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:52:47 -0500

My apologies if this has been answered before.  I did a search of the
archives and didn't find anything.

What's the verdict on the Epson 2200 for black and white?  I have a chemical
darkroom, but I no longer have enough time to use it.  I'd like to switch to
a digital darkroom but while I have been very impressed with the results
from Piezography, I don't think I have the time nor patience for that
either.

On paper, the Epson 2200 looks pretty good. I have heard good things about
it as a color printer, but I haven't talked to anyone who does serious B/W
who has one to get a verdict on the results from scanned B/W negatives.  How
do the results compare with a chemical darkroom?

Thanks!

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 for B/W. What's the verdict?)
Reply from "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 for B/W. What's the verdict?)