Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 for B/W. What's the verdict?
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:25:27 +0100

> snipp<
> I don't think film scanners are going to get much better as possibly only
> Leica is still obsessing over  40 LP resolution in their lenses.  With the
> exception of some Zeiss lenses and some of my L telephoto's there is no
> reason to scan at higher resolutions, the detail just isn't there.
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspirng.com
There is ,even without a lot of effort there is a lot more detail in
negatives then my scanner can resolve.
Whether that is of interest is off course debatable but i think it is since
a lot of digital operators on the image degrade it and cause some artifacts
,the larger the resolution to start  with the better even tthe reduced end
result will be.
Also the advertised dynamic range of up to 4 is not met by small scanners
and to get the maximum detail still takes very long.
I would love to have more capabilities especially for scanning wide angle
negs  where  there usually is a lot more worthwile fine detail the scanner
cant see.
simon
ps
You,re probably way beyond me with all of this but  just yesterday found
that it is worthwile to scan black and white as high detail colour .

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 for B/W. What's the verdict?)
Message from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 for B/W. What's the verdict?)
Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 for B/W. What's the verdict?)