Subject: Re: [Leica] Is the issue of camera noise over-rated? - What are your quietest cameras?
From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:07:53 -0800 (PST)

I don't agree with that. The 35S is EXTREMELY quiet,
and my vote for the quietest. In truth, I'm not sure
that the M shutter is anything like as quiet as it's
reputation - I would put the Rolleiflex 3.5F (and 2.8
and 'Cord V), Olympus XA, and both Red Dial and Black
Dial II/IIIf shutters as substantially more quiet than
the M. A friend of mine rates the Contax-copy Kiev
shutters as quieter! - I don't agree. And the EOS
100/Elan shutter is VERY quiet - if you could
dissociate the wind-on noise, I believe it would be
quieter than the M6 as well.

Nick

John Collier  wrote:The Rollei 35S has a harsh
metallic click that could almost be described as a
clank. It is much louder than any of my Ms. Heck the
few SLRs I have left are quieter too.John CollierOn