Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Cloth Shutter Question
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 05:59:07 +1100

On Tuesday, February 4, 2003, at 04:45  AM,
Frank Farmer <frankandaubrey@mindspring.com> wrote:

> How likely is it that a M6ttl's shutter is going to be burned by the
> sun?

A while back I did some experiments on this.  It turned out that it
is more likely to happen if your lens is at f2 or wider, and the
lens focused at infinity.

With the lens stopped down to a more typical f8-f16 for landscape
photography, then it would take a *long* time for a hole to burn
through.

See the topic I have on this in the FAQ I maintain at:

<http://nemeng.com/leica/025b.shtml>

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

<http://nemeng.com/leica/>