Subject: [Leica] Pictures - Acronym TBD
From: ISILVERMN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:42:26 EST

For the past 6 months or so, I've been hanging back in lurk-mode, during
which time I was able to upgrade my computer system and install some proper
scanning hardware/software.  Hopefully, I'll now be able to participate on a
semi-regular basis.  If not a PAW, some other acronym yet to be determined
(P-TBD?)

To start with, I offer the following three, taken during a trip to London &
Paris last November, all with the CV 15mm Heliar on an M4; film was Portra
400BW:

The first was taken under the Pyramid of the Louvre:

http://www.leica-gallery.net/loophole/image-38950.html

The second, with tongue firmly in cheek, I call  "Why there will always be an
England":

 http://www.leica-gallery.net/loophole/image-38948.html

And the third, no explanation required, is "Why there will always be a
France":

http://www.leica-gallery.net/loophole/image-38949.html

My fourth and last picture comes with a question.

Princeton - The Old Graduate College.  Leica M4/35mm Summicron (3rd version),
taken on Fuji Acros:

I took the same JPEG, and uploaded it both to the Leica-gallery and to
Photo.net.  The L-G picture came up (on several tries) loaded with artifacts,
whereas the P.net picture is pretty much free of them.  Usually, I'm happier
with the L-G results, as P.net seems to darken the JPEGs on upload.   This
was the exception.

Has anybody else seen artifacts created on upload to L_G?  What can be done
to avoid them?

I welcome any and all comments and suggestions.

Regards,

Ira Silverman