Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: Special Anti-War Protest edition Leica M7
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:25:44 -0500

First, my appologies.

Second - There are several possible explanations for the media in some
cities siting smaller numbers than the police - first, caution
(timidity) on the part of the media, fearing that if they err on the
side of siting too large a number, they will lose credibility with the
"establishment;" second, different counting methods; third, counts done
at different times; third, counts done in different places. I seriously
doubt that the NYPD is "siding" with the demonstrators and inflating the
counts - remember how traumatized that department was by 9/11 and the
losses it suffered both in terms of its own, and in terms of firemen
friends of cops - I would expect the average NYPDer - for very
understandable reasons - to view the demonstrators as "tools" of the
9/11 terrorists and to deflate, rather than inflate, the numbers.

B. D.