Subject: Re: [Leica] Brian, can you take these loonies off?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:57:36 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > [mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Mark Langer
> > Subject: [Leica] Brian, can you take these loonies off?
>
> Mark,
>
> You really believe calling people names, much less "loonies", is less of a
> degradation to the list?
>
> Austin

I think a person is at strong disadvantage when they come one making
slights at major threads on the list and inherently the people involved
when they themselves have not been on ANY treads AT ALL for quite a
while and their name is barely recognizable on the list. This makes them
pretty much a lurker. It's hard to say stuff from that position but if
its personal at all forget it. And in this case it certainly comes of
strongly obnoxious.
I have made the same mistake myself new to a list making strong negative
statements when the bottom line is: these guys don't know me.
I could be saying stuff about their adversary on the list but they'll
take their side against me: I'm an outsider. Persona non grata. A crispy
cheesy hors d'oeuvre if there ever was one!

My spell checker has quite a time with Latin, let alone French. I try to
teach it but it never learns.

The lug over the post week and a half has been a very inspiring positive
place and I'm glad I'm on it.
We've had very interesting Political discussions, easily verboten (now
we've got German) with little to know stupid nasty stuff. I think it's
because we resect each other.  "looneis off" does not indicate such certainly.
I'm sure the people who don't find the Lug to their Leicing will make
like a tree and leaf.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
Photography