Subject: Re: [Leica] Silly errors
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:18:43 -0800

At 08:36 PM 2/23/2003 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>My son got his first M6 camera.  He has been a SLR user for many years, so
>this was a first time for him to not have AE or SLR focusing.  He reported
>back that he had a problem with his new M6.... he forgot to focus when he
>set the aperture, or he forgot to set the aperture when he did focus.....

hee hee, I will be in a similar situation soon. I am turning 41 this year,
and raised up on SLRs. Not super wonderbricks though (Nikon FM, Olympus
OM-4T, Pentax Z-5, and back to the OM-4T). I am on the verge of getting my
first M. Though there are some "bargains" right now on the M6s, if $1400 is
a bargain, I will get an M7 though because I like AE. The RF focusing will
be different, but I have tested a Mamiya 7II and an M6 and while different,
I;m sure I will get used to it.

In the two weekends that I have rented the Mamiya 7II and M6, I don't find
myself forgetting to set either the aperture or the focus, but I feel that
it is an extra "chore."

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>