Subject: [Leica] Love those APO Telyts !!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 19:43:08 -0500

Terry-
    Yes - I used the original 280 f/2.8  - then traded it for the newer
modular versions, as I use both heads and the 1X and 1,4X back. This
provides a 280 or 400 f/2.8 APO and a 560 f/5.6 APO  ( I know, I could make
a 400 f/4 but why?) -- this way in a blind I can have a 280 and 560 set on
tripods, and also a 280 f/4.0 APO or, a new love, 400 6.8. set by my side
for grab shots/stalking etc. LOVE the 1.4x converters with any of the APOs -
the 2X is a reach on the 560.
    Like you, I use RTs and RTm projectors for a dissolve. And like you,
have experienced the same comments. I'm far from a Norbert Rosing or Frans
Lanting, but when I DO get a shot that I know is good, it jumps off the
screen. I was lucky enough once to get a red tail hawk come right towards me
from about 50 yards, and grab what I think was a vole about 20 feet from the
camera. Not all the photos were pin sharp, but more than a few were. I find
it to my liking to pre-focus and let the subject fly at you, and fire away
when it arrives at the zone of sharpness. Long story short, the bird in the
tree, sighting it's prey, swooping in to grab it, then having dinner, looked
spectacular. You see every feather, slight color differentiation, in all
what some call a 3D effect. Gotta love those APO Telyts! Try the new Kodak G
and GX films with it. You'll love it!
    Ed

Replies: Reply from "tm" <leicar8@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Love those APO Telyts !!)