Subject: Re: [Leica] Flag waving
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 20:37:46 -0000

From: "Jerry Lehrer" <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 08 March 2003 20:01

Marc

We have been to Perth, Dundee and Inverness as well as the
Lowlands.  We have found the people to be just as nice.
Never made it to John o' Groats though. Got a phone call
to get back to work in Burnley, Lancashire.

Jerry

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 03:24 PM 3/8/03 -0000, GeeBee wrote:

Glasgow
> >and Edinburgh and I was appalled at the lack of St. George flags on show
> >there :-)
>
> The proper flag of Scotland is the Saltire and not the British version of
> the St Andrew''s Cross.  Most Scots partisans use the Lion Rampant to make
> certain that there is no misunderstanding.  And Glasgow and Edinburgh, as
> Lowland towns, are of course merely parts of those Northern English
> provinces won by the Highlands in the Middle Ages.  Go to Perth or
> Inverness or the like to see what the real Scots believe!
>
> Slainte!
>
> Marc

Hi Jerry,
I was wondering , if your wife is from the lowlands, is there any chance you
could record the conversation when you tell her where the real Scots are
from :-)  If so I would like to order a copy.

- --Graham

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Flag waving)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net> (RE: [Leica] Flag waving)
Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Flag waving)