Subject: Re: [Leica] b and h photo for film?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 16:40:43 -0500

Nathan Wajsman (private) wrote:
> The charge the credit card when you push the final "confirm" button on
> the web site, but at least they make sure that what is in your shopping
> cart is in fact in stock. I just ordered 20 rolls of Fuji Acros and some
> odds and ends from them, and one item was removed from the order because
> it was no longer in stock (I had put it into the shopping cart 2-3 weeks
> ago). This is a lot better than some of the other NYC mail order houses
> who will charge you even if they know that the item you are ordering is
> not in stock, hoping that they get a delivery before the customer gets
> too impatient and cancels the order.
>
> I have shopped with B&H for more than 15 years, by mail order in the US
> and now internationally, as well as in person when visiting NYC, and I
> have never had any problem with any transaction.
>
> Nathan

To which I would only add that, unless something is out of stock, it
ships the same day and you can track it via their web site. Personally,
I've never had them charge my credit card even on backordered items
until they shipped.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem      |     Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com     |     96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029    |     New York, Ny 10014

Message from "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch> (Re: [Leica] b and h photo for film?)