Subject: Re: [Leica]Korban Photo Essay
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:40:10 +0800

Hi

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Howard" <mvhoward@mac.com>

> You posted 51 images.  How many did you shoot in total to get these
> ones?

i shot 4 rolls that day :)

> While I appreciate it for it's artistic merits, the nerd in me wants to
> know all about what film you shot on and how you scanned the images to
> get such good tonality.

i shot them on Tri-X. i basically scanned the negs using a Nikon Coolscan IV
and played around with the Duotone mode in Photoshop. Wat i do is convert
them to greyscale, convert again to duotones, and then played with Quadtones
and the curves inside to get the look that i like, then apply it to all
images. After that, tweak the images with the standard curves and levels to
get the look i wanted.

some pple have complained the pics look a bit yellowish on their monitors
though!

boon hwee