Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux angst
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:32:04 -0500

Marc -

There are several programs that can recover damaged cards.  Here is
one:  http://www.winutils.net/

You do have to reformat the card after you have recovered the photos.  Do
it in the camera only.  I reformat mine every time I finish downloading the
photos.  I have 3 128 MB SD cards and they have never failed.  I have a
couple of 128 MB Compact Flash cards for my Nikon 990 that have failed and
that I have recovered with the Digital Photo Recover program.  That was
before I learned to format the cards in the camera and was formatting them
on the computer - a no no!

Hope this helps.

Tina