Subject: RE: [Leica] Latest shot from a digital with a Leica lens
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 14:35:47 -0500

Javier,

> Howdy
> You would have to make a shutter body with a back
> flange on one side and a lens flange on the other with
> the correct back focus.

To do what?  Is what you are saying to make a whole new body to mount an M
lense to?  That sounds counter to what you've been saying...

> Of course it would cost a lot and would not have an
> RF.
> Sort of like an old SWC body but with a removable
> lens. I guess it would be usable for scientific stuff.

They exist.  I've made quite a few.  It's how I test out new designs.  It's
called a "testbed".  Hardly practical for out in the world use or even as a
product, to unrefined.

> The one advantage would be that a lot of those high
> end backs have 24 x 36 or bigger sensors and most
> Leitz lenses have generous image circles. My 90
> Summicron m will cover 6 x 6

I don't know about that...and I really doubt it, not at the focal length
it's designed for.

Austin