Subject: [Leica] Epson b&w printing
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:26:52 -0800

Peter wrote:
<snip>
I now use the Paul Roarke curves and MIS inks, and I've been quite pleased
with them.  The Epson 1280 driver has some very abrupt transitions, but
using the 1290 driver (from Epson's UK site) and Paul's 1290 curves has
solved that problem.
<snip>
Peter, could you expand on what you mean by "abrupt transitions"? I'm not
that knowledgeable about these terms. I have a 1280 and printing b&w has not
been a good experience so far. At this time I'm not willing to dedicate one
printer to b&w work. Does the modification that you describe allow you to
continue printing in color on the 1280/1290?
TIA, Oliver Bryk