Subject: Re: [Leica] "old" Leica sighting in movie?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:25:56 -0800

Martin Howard wrote:

> Edward Caliguri wrote:
>
> > I heard that James Bond once carried a Leica in a movie (MAYBE a Minox)
> > - The only camera I can recall is a Rollei twin lens with a
> > reel-to-reel
> > tape recorder in the back in "From Russia with Love" -- was there
> > another?
>
> He used a Hasselblad camera/sniper gun/machinegun in one film.  Think
><Snip>

When James Bond starts taking a picture with his disposable cameras NO
ONE wants to be in them.

"There's no way I can convince anybody that these things are really
cameras and that they really take pictures" Bond said to me in a recent
telephone conversion (I went to highshool with his sister)

"I have some great pictures really of people, including my mother in
law, diving behind sofa's. Racing behind and tree's when ever i point my
camera at them. People literally jumping out of their clothes!"

They are pretty sure than as i push down the shutter release button a
surface to air missile is going to come out.

"As I start to take a picture," Said OO7, "people just assume a surface
to air missile is going to come out the lens!"
"That or a pulsing laser beam."

I asked him what his favorite film was and he said:

"I have no idea"

He brings his pictures into the minilab and hands the camera to Sy the
Photo guy who Bond is pretty sure is an agent for Smerch.

"This guy sure know what my nieces and nephews get for Christmas every
year" OO7 said.
"I've got a feeling he writes it all down and keeps track of it."

His sisters kids are in their 30's by now but he still goes over there
and takes there pictures as they open their presents.
They don't dive behind anything. They are sitting on the floor in front
of the tree.

Then on the way home he'll pull over to the side of the road and shoot
some tree.

So much for photography!

007 has other hobbies. And not much of a home life.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com