Subject: [Leica] Removing shutter speed dial on R camera
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:28:04 -0800

I've decided that rather than sell my R6, I should give it a good
spring cleaning (it hasn't been used in a while), and put it to use
instead taking pictures.

One of the things that has gummed up from disuse is the meter mode
selector that sits under the shutter speed dial.  To get to it (and the
mechanism) I need to remove the shutter speed selector, but there is no
obvious way of doing this.  It stops at 1/1000 and at X (opposite ends
of the dial) but turning further (counterclockwise) feels firm and does
not suggest that it can be removed that way.

I've been unable to locate a service manual for the R6 anywhere.  Does
anyone know how to remove the shutter speed dial off an R6?  Or, better
yet, have an R6 service manual they want to part with?

And no, I don't want to send it in for a CLA.  Half the fun is doing it
yourself.  I might replace the cover on the R6 to purple lizard to
match the Softie when I'm at it too... ;)

M.

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Removing shutter speed dial on R camera)