Subject: Re: [Leica] Removing shutter speed dial on R camera
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 00:50:38 -0500

 From T.Tomosy - pry off the dial number plate, and then you have access
to a retaining ring.  The dial ring is attached by adhesive.

I've never done it myself, but any instructions that read like the above
means "you will bend the part upon removal; install a new one when you
re-assemble it".   This is fine if you are a Leitz repair facility, but
a real pain if you are DIY.

Good luck

Vick