Subject: Re: [Leica] xtol replacement or i love xtol... when it works
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 12:46:52 -0800

Daniel McClenghan wrote:

> I just scanned a neg developed in rodinal 1:100. guess what spots. Well at
> least my little darling xtol is in the clear. I quite liked the look of
> acros in rodinal i think i'll be using it from now on.previously i had only
> used rodinal with t-max3200 but this was in my younger days when i was in my
> early twenties instead of my late twenties and i was looking to shock and
> awe my teachers with golfball size grain. Thanks Mark for the developer
> suggestion. Thats two developers that you have succesfuly reccomended for
> me. It's funny you mentioned beutler's i have two friend that use it
> religiously and they are always trying to get me to convert with statments
> such as"what if kodak stops making xtol". heres a scan of the rodinal neg
> featuring the spots.
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=295167
> the image is from one of my test rolls that i keep handy for things like new
> developers and such. usually a result of going out aimlessly taking pictures
> because i'm bored instead inspired.-daniel mcclenaghan
>
> --

I've gotten bad emulsions from Ilford before. Twice maybe. Bad film. Bad
bad bad
I ate it.
Bought more

You neve get bad film from Kodak. Mediocre good film sometimes maybe.
But no emulsion sliding off the base or holes.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] xtol replacement or i love xtol... when it works)