Subject: RE: [Leica] What Cameras were used by the Japanese in the Pearl Harbor Attack?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 14:13:33 -0500

At 12:25 AM 4/5/03 -0500, Austin Franklin wrote:

>> The aerial recon shots might well have been made from a German HK7 camera,
>> the ultimate predecessor of the Hasselblad.
>
>Marc,
>
>I believe Ross, the company that made the HK7, was in Goteborg, Sweden.

My apologies, Austin;  you are most certainly correct.  To my fairly
certain knowledge, the Japanese never had any of the Ross HK 7's.

The camera to which I MEANT to refer was the progenitor of the HK 7, the HK
12,5/7x9" aerial recon camera produced by Fritz Volk in Berlin.  We DO know
that the Japanese had several of these, and that they were used for work
demanding extraordinary clarity or accuracy.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!