Subject: Re: [Leica] hand-held exposure rule
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:12:57 -0700

From: "Mark Rabiner" <mark@rabinergroup.com>

>>Some photographers may be able to hand hold at >>shutter speeds lower than
other people.
Wrote:

> The magnifications the print is likely to be blown up to.\
<Snip>

While agree that print magnification is a factor that reveals degrees of
negative sharpness, it shoud not be a rule of shutter speed choice.
The negative should be sharp - period.

I have a slide of a boat passing by a gorgeous sun setting on the horizon.
It was taken with a 400mm hand held at a low shutter speed.
I would love to have an enlagement of that scene but the sharpness is not
what I consider acceptable.

Joseph Codispoti
San Luis Obispo, CA
www.clearsightusa.com