Subject: Re: [Leica] hand-held exposure rule
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 17:05:28 -0700

Joseph Codispoti wrote:

> Some photographers may be able to hand hold at shutter speeds lower than
> other people.
> There are many variables involved:
>
><Snip>

The magnifications the print is likely to be blown up to.\

Lately I've gotten to be a 9x12 image making kind of guy with my 35mm
work and I'm aiming on standardizing on that for the extended
unforeseeable interim.
On an 11x14 piece of darkroom paper and I'm getting inkjet paper that
size. But i don't bring the inkjet paper down to my darkroom it doesn't
do so well down there.
It is interesting though how i open up that box of paper and nothing bad
happens!!. I have to make sure i don't do that with the darkroom paper.
Developing bad habits! Red lights only please for the darkroom stuff!

So I think in terms of 9x12" when I shoot and one of the many factors
that would involve is what the blur or sharpness that goes on in my work
would look like at that particular size.

A 9 times magnification.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com