Subject: [Leica] Filter Rant
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:04:32 -0400

I just spent a few hours in a truly delightful park, Mt Arabia, trying to
emphasis the clouds with an orange or red filter.  What a freaking mess.
Old lenses take 39mm mostly, the 90 takes a 46, the 21 takes a 48, the 75
takes a 60, the 24 takes a 55.  It's almost enough to long for the days of
series filters, almost.  Sure, I could acquire stepping rings out to 60 or
more probably 62, but then would have to deal with new hoods for all the
lenses.  Hmm, maybe a big rubber band and 77mm filters on the front.

Grrrrr.

Thanks for listening.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com