Subject: Re: [Leica] Owning a Leica and blood pressure
From: "" <leica-user@ispwest.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 22:13:57 -0700

Hi Folks
I have been sitting on the fence for months now.
I enjoyed the help I got from everyone who sent an email concerning my 35mm1.4  It is
fine now and taking cool pics.
Again I was not going to get involved but couple lines from Frank's email just "Pulled me
back in," (c) Godfather 3

You bought the damned thing the way it was/is,
> either live with it and get on with your life; get uspet and keep your
> negativity to yourself ( which will probably cause a faster heart attack);
> or sell the damned thing in which case you have no basis to be upset or
> write about your upset to this list.
So my mother married a bastard she fell in love with, according to Frank, she should keep
quiet about his faults because she married him
Immigrants come here to make a better life for themselves, they are treated sometimes
with so much hate, discrimination and disdain, but according to Frank they came here, so
they should shut up or go back home
A tax payer who does not get covered under the current Goverment Health Plan should
either  what....?
His only recourse is to talk, is to take it to the street, meet his congressman, talk to his
community and if he buys a leica because that is his job, he is self employed and he
wishes this magnificient "tool" was better because it would take some of the stress out of
the rest of his life(all hypothetically speaking that is)..it must be ok for him to rant on the
LUG...true?
But I am starting to believe that as long as some of us can speak and others just listen, or
we get to know who owns the playground because the bullies will shut us up...or should I
feel that because you have been using the equipment since its inception and the new
crew is enjoying the fruits of the future, the rest of us cannot dream , rant and discuss
changing what we have been use to...
Funny enough life is about change..and no change can comeabout without dialogue,
friction, movement, exchange...or all of the above.
Owning a Leica(for me) is a beautiful thing.  If I was using a VF from the 60s-70s  why
shouldn't I rant and rave about what the "new guys" are enjoying...I mean..come on..its
called inclusion...we have been doing this since the 6th grade..

Ruddy
Blood pressure is another thing.  If we were more inclusive of our fellow LUGGERS, their
blood pressures would not have to rise:-)

Irie Yall