Subject: Re: [Leica] Wide angles lens
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 23:02:56 +0200

Henry,

Before taking the plunge into a 28 instead of a 35, try it out first.
You may find that a 28 is too wide for use as a normal lens and not wide
enough when you really want wide. On the other hand, other people are
perfectly happy with a 28 as their normal lens. You really need to try
it for yourself. A cheap way of doing that is to buy one of the
Voigtlander offerings (like the 1.9/28) and try it over a lengthy
period. If you decide to get rid of it, your financial loss will be limited.

Nathan

Henry Ting wrote:
> My wide angles consist of two 35mms, 24mm, 21mm and
> 15mm. I find the wider the lens, the more diminishing
> usage on a regular basis (aside from the need of using
> a dedicated viewfinder for the rest except the 35mm).
> Just about 70% of the time I use the 35mm. Since I can
> only use one 35mm at a time, I'm thinking of getting
> rid of one in exchange for a 28mm. My problem is that
> I wear glasses and even with the .72 I have a hard
> time seeing the entire 35mm frameline. That was one of
> the reason I am still pondering on the thought of
> getting the 28mm.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland