Subject: Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:19:47 -0400

> > Once somebody else has one bigger and better (in this example say a 14
mp
> > vs. an 11 mp digicam), the need to keep up with the competition
overrides
> > rational thought process.
>
> Clearly for some, Gary...
>
> Austin

So now that we finally agree on something, how about back to an earlier
point.  I understand the issues with less than full frame digital sensor and
multiplication factors and how this impacts wide angle in particular.  For
wide angle I use Leica M anyway.  But for telephoto only, how about Canon
10D/Novoflex adapter with R lenses like 90mm Elmarit, 180mm APO Telyt and
400 Telyt.  Without doing anything except mounting them on the 10D camera,
they would have effective focal lengths of 117mm, 234mm and 520mm.   Not a
bad tele set up?

Gary