Subject: Re: [Leica] The new digital reality -
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:32:01 -0700

bdcolen wrote:

> But I'll bet that there are allot of photos being
> missed because photographers aren't sticking around to take them because
> they've looked at the LCD, seen a half-dozen good shots, and figured
> that's all they need of a given demonstration, for instance, so they
> leave. True, things could always happen after a photographer moved on,
> but I'll bet the moving on is occurring faster these days.<<<<

Hi B.D.,
This came up with a couple of buddies on this line the other day... "looking
at the LCD" and missing pictures, particularly in sports.

And if one watches digi shooters, they nearly always seem to have their eyes
on the screen while the film guys are still watching the action and
shooting. And no question, the LCD can be a good thing under certain
circumstances, but as you suggested.......

>>things could always happen after a photographer moved on, but I'll bet the
moving on is occurring faster these days.<<<<

And I don't have any doubt that's the case far more times than waiting to be
the "Last one to leave!"

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant