Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Digilux 1 questions
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:38:42 -0500

I agree largely with B.D. on the comparison.  I could own 4 Digilux
1's or 5 LC5's for the same price as one M7 without lens.

I don't however agree that it is not the best of the high end P&S
breed.  At least for my purposes, I just couldn't find anything else
that offered  manual focus, and lack of lag in the shutter.  I could
hope for faster writing to card in the 4 mp size, but that day will
come, not with this camera, but it will come.

In the meantime, I've shot some thousand shots in the six weeks I have
had it, and find it rugged and reliable.   I've never gone over two
batteries in a day, and I've never filled a 256 meg card in a day.

One more note about Landscapes,   Since I do the majority of my output
on the web, the LC5/Digilux is an ideal camera for the task.  If I
were sharing my work in a bricks and mortor gallery, I might have a
quite different take on it.

This shot was done at 2 mp.   It is really two shots stiched together
in Photoshop, but it encompasses almost the same area as a single shot
that shows more foreground.  I stitched it to get the trees in the
left hand side of the frame.

http://www.sonc.com/red_river_pano.htm

Regards,
Sonny