Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Digilux 1 questions
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:16:09 -0700

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 06:38  AM, SonC ((Sonny Carter)) wrote:

> One more note about Landscapes,   Since I do the majority of my output
> on the web, the LC5/Digilux is an ideal camera for the task.  If I
> were sharing my work in a bricks and mortor gallery, I might have a
> quite different take on it.

Interesting - when I shoot landscapes, particularly with the local Oak
trees in the shot, the images from the digilux end up looking, well,
digital. The detail in the grasses and leaves is coarse and blocky. For
smooth textures - faces, rocks, etc. - the images are fantastic. I have
real problems with micro detail in the Digilux - most all digital
cameras to be honest. In print or on the web I notice this and I don't
like it.

That said, I agree the Digilux does allow pictures that could not
otherwise be taken. I spend a lot less of my shooting time on my
stomach with teh Digilux, for example, and get a lot more
snail-eye-view shots. Gotta love those big LCD displays!

Cheers!
- - marc

Replies: Reply from "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Digilux 1 questions)