Subject: RE: [Leica] Use film, or block the panel!
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 19:30:48 -0600

> > He didn't say it wasn't visible, rather you would never have seen the
> > composition.
>
> How is that?  If it's visible on the LCD, it's visible in the
> viewfinder...and the composition is identical.

Abandon the engineer stuff for a minute Austin - no one is talking about
what is or isn't visible and what is or isn't empirically identical. We are
talking about how the eye and brain perceives it as different.

Have you ever used a LF camera?

If we are talking about a dig cam with an optical viewfinder (as John is)
and an LCD screen, the view and composition isn't identical - one is still,
to some extent, 3 dimensional and the other is flat - 2D they are different

tim