Subject: Re: [Leica] Use film, or block the panel!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 16:26:12 -0700

><Snip>
> But too many get fixated on the tools and don't make good pictures. Image
> quality is no good to you if the image itself is garbage - It doesn't really
> matter if the photograph is taken with a Phillips 8x10, a Leica a Holga or a
> Polaroid - if the picture is good it's good. Sharpness and image quality
> often aren't that important - we just like to think they are (often to
> justify the money time and effort we put into the "equipment"...)
>
> I've just been looking at a series of Polaroid SX70 pictures that are better
> than just about anything I've ever seen taken with Leica Glass - and
> certainly in colour - by one of the best LF photographers.
>
> If it's good, it's good - doesn't matter what you use.

Reminds me of a Bill Pierce column:

But, neither advantage seemed significant to the viewer.
In other words, a basketful of cocker spaniel puppies is going to win
the contest whether it's film or digital.

http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0305/nutsandbolts.html

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com