Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Bargin BAH!
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 19:00:37 -0500

I think we are bashing a guy for getting a bargain.

I gave a motorhome to Goodwill, and I thought it was worth at least $8000.
They ended up selling it for $1000.  Is that my problem?  Should the guy who
bought it go to confession because he got a bargain?

My daughter who lives in NYC, loves to come to the Goodwill in Natchitoches.
She stuck her hand into a barrel of scarves, and plucked out a silk one and
proudly paid the $2.

The point at Salvation Army and Goodwill, and all those stores (for us the
donors) is the giving.  What Salvation and Goodwill does with it is not our
affair.

Good on the guy for making a bargain. He will be predisposed to share his
mite with the Salvation Army when he is giving.  (And we don't know how much
he has given them in the past, nor do we know the condition of the camera.)

Sonny