Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 23 Then and Now in Birmingham
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 21:46:26 -0400

Sometime maybe a year or two ago, B.D. posted a photo from a park in
Birmingham, Al.  Even though I'm only two hours away from it, I never could
leverage time to make it to the park.  Last Sunday I managed twenty minutes
away from the family goings on to find the park and look at the Civil Rights
memorial.  B.D. was right, this is one very powerful sculpture.
Unfortunately for me the sky was that awful cloudy bright that offers no
good.

The reason I went ahead and posted this image is that it is from my first
roll from the new Velvia.  Initial impressions are that it is much finer
grained, not as contrasty, the magenta issue is largely settled, and the
overall color balance is just as intense but more believable.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1542262&size=lg

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com