Subject: Re: [Leica] DR Summicron Issue
From: "Higa Isaku" <isakuhiga@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 11:21:38 -0400

Hi, Gary.

Do you know what camera your buyer is using?  Based on my experience, if he
has a M6TTL, the lens will not work in the close range. This is due to the
location of TTL senor that interferes with the flange on the rear of the
lens.   The lens does work in the normal range with M6TTL but you need to
attach the lens to the body with focus ring of the lens set at infinity.

There are come description regarding difference between first and second
version of DR Summicron on www.cameraquest .com

By the way, your buyer may sound rude perhaps due to his lack of English
ability?  Hey I've got to defend a reputation of my fellow country man ;-)

Isaku