Subject: Re: [Leica] Snapshots
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:54:31 -0500

Oh me oh my....decisions decisions.

I would encourage you to look at something with  macro capabilities...close
focusing on little kid hands, feet, faces, eyes, ears, etc is a wonderful
thing. And of course autofocus.

I shoot with an M6 for things that are slow-moving. I shoot Canon EOS slr
for most everything else. I shoot digital Olympus E10 for my real snapshots
and creative playtime.

For me, point and shoots with their wide lenses have never been a good
option as I like a person to fill the frame and that's not easy with a
28mm-35mm lens...unless you want some funny perspectives.

If I had to suggest a flim camera, I'd encourage you to look at a Canon EOS
with a medium zoom...28-105 or so. The EOS 7 is a great tool. The Rebel line
is also wonderful and lower priced. Couple either with the 420ex flash and
you'd be set.

In digital I can't say enough good about the Olympus E10 and the newer E20.

Good luck and happy shopping.
Lea