Subject: Re: [Leica] Where I see it - Film still King!
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:23:22 -0400

> ALL the pros I know - about 10 Boston Globe shooters,
> 5 or so studio folks, a dozen Nature and Wildlife folks,
> Documentary etc. etc still shoot film

It's been at least a year since I've seen a film camera in a press pit.
Though, I have seen pro's with a Leica, every single one of them has had
some digicam with them as well dangling about the neck.

I think saying that "film is going to be around for a long time" is a lot
like ham radio operators saying that the two meter band still serves a
useful function.

We can want it all we want, and we can sit on the edge of the bed and pet
our Leicas but the writing's really big on the wall.

I suspect that pretty soon this will be the LOG rather than the LUG. As long
as people are taking pictures, I don't particularly mind. It's the message,
not the medium.

Photography as we know it is changing and will continue to change and
evolve. I'm glad to be along for the ride.

Kyle