Subject: [Leica] R8 with Drive is ripping the sprocket holes! ???
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:21:05 +1000

Hi folks.  Over the last several Saturdays of quite intense portrait
sessions with soccer clubs, my black R8 fitted with a Motor Drive has
been shearing the sprocket holes of Fuji Reala.  This has led to a few
minor tragedies; double exposures, multiple exposures, in the middle of
rolls and at the end.  One thing I have learned though; the sound of
the drive sprockets spinning through torn sprocket holes  :-l

In a week I'll send the body and drive away for a checkup/repair.  Has
anyone used Leica's Pro Repair Service, with two day turnaround?  Solms
has suggested I register.

Any experience with this sort of thing?  It's winter here and the
weather has been cool but it's been happening indoors as well, so I
don't think it can be a cold film problem.  It's not an early R8,
serial no 2465542, but the Drive is 01336, although that's not exactly
a prototype either.

Thanks for any suggestions.  Rick Dykstra, Australia.

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] R8 with Drive is ripping the sprocket holes! ???)