Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 with Drive is ripping the sprocket holes! ???
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:20:10 -0700

Rick Dykstra asked:
>>R8 with Drive is ripping the sprocket holes! ???<<<<

>my black R8 fitted with a Motor Drive has
> been shearing the sprocket holes of Fuji Reala.  This has led to a few
> minor tragedies; double exposures, multiple exposures, in the middle of
> rolls and at the end.  One thing I have learned though; the sound of
> the drive sprockets spinning through torn sprocket holes <<<<,

Hi Rick,
That's something new all together as I've used my R8's in the Canadian
Arctic and never had a problem at any temperature well below freezing. And
in Malaysia at 40 degrees and never had any sprocket problem at all.

Does this happen if you use B&W film? And or film of other manufacture? Or
is this something specifically to Fuji Reala only?

ted