Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 with Drive is ripping the sprocket holes! ???
From: Ken Lai <ken@compose.com.hk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:53:49 +0800

It should not have anything to do with cold film. I live in Hong Kong
and it's never that cold here, but my motor drive with R8 (kept in a
de-humidifying cabinet) has to be returned three times for servicing -
twice for not advancing film at all and once for ripping sprocket
holes. On all 3 occasions they said the drive mechanism was mis-aligned.

Also 2 weeks ago I started getting multiple exposures and the drive
does not want to rewind film, so I will be sending it in for the 4th
time.

Good luck.

Ken