Subject: Re: [Leica] DAS Week 13
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:24:33 -0700

At 02:35 PM 6/23/03 -0700, Dante Stella wrote:
>Thanks for last week's comments; I am locking up in the darkroom.

Now why on earth do you want to do that?

>Week 13
>http://www.dantestella.com/photo.html

I like this one very much.  Beautiful picture, sense of inside looking out
at outside looking in.  Light and shadow.  The transition from dark
interior to window frame to bright outside draws the eye in.  A beautiful
woman contemplating beautiful things.  I love the light on the cloth on the
little tables inside.

But wait a minute!  The letters on the stores across the street are
backwards.  Did you reverse the negative for best composition, or is there
a reflection trick going on here?

I might crop the bit of bright window at the top right of the frame, and a
commensurate sliver on the left.  But I can see why you left it that
way--the window seems to want that much space around it.

- --Peter