Subject: Re: [Leica] Any comments on 90mm lenses.
From: Grégoire Vandenschrick <vandenschrick@geog.ucl.ac.be>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:25:32 +0200

I think I remember that the elamrit 90 2.8 was very sharp in comparison with
the Summicron 90 2 non apo asph.
I own the second one, and I am very happy though with the quality of the
pics, compared to the new 35 summicron and the 24 elmarit asph
I think that alos, a 2 compared to a 2.8 will always discriminate more
shades and hues in high and low lights than a 2.8. Mine is silver, and the
weight is not so frightening, but quite noticeable in regard of the weight
of the black one, or the elmarit one, I know you know, but that was said to
moderate the impact of comments about the size and weight of the summicron

Let have a look at the Erwin Puts page, he compared all the 75-80-90-100
leica focals (R and M, old and most recent) in one of his tests, the elmarit
was superior to old summicron m I think in terms of resolution, flare prone
characteristics, and maybe contrast.

Best wiches

Gregoire VDS